It starts with a woman — it starts with you.
Founded in 1923, the Junior League of Columbus is part of a network of more than 291 Junior League Organizations across the globe. We are a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization, whose members are dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential or women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We are a group of approximately 120 active members, 400 Sustaining members, and 30-40 New Members.
Our commitment has remained unwavering: to develop exceptionally qualified civic leaders who can identify a community’s most urgent and pressing needs and address them with meaningful and relevant programs and initiatives that not only improve lives but change the way people think.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Columbus!
Each year, we train a group of new members to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community.
New members go through a yearlong new member experience that allows them to learn about our League structure and programs, as well as experience some of our community programs first-hand. The New Member experience allows new members to gain hands-on training through a placement, which is an assigned role/responsibility in the League. New members also have the opportunity to participate in small group socials, community service projects, and attending League functions such as General Membership Meetings (GMM).
Benefits of Membership:
- Training for effective community leadership and personal development
- Insight into community needs and strategies for dealing with them
- Exposure to the administration of nonprofit agencies
- Opportunities for utilizing your skills and for developing new ones
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community through well-organized
- Access to new friends and new ideas
- Membership meetings with educational speakers (community leaders,
motivational speakers and others)
- Participation in exciting fundraisers and special events
Ability to transfer your membership to Leagues in other cities if you move
The Junior League of Columbus uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members:
- Must be at least 22 years of age as of June 30 the year you join. There is no maximum age to join!
- Reside within the Central Ohio area
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service
- Show an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation
- Sign a contract stating that she understands the New Member responsibilities.