It starts with a woman — it starts with you.
Founded in 1923, the Junior League of Columbus is part of a network of more than 291 Junior League Organizations across the globe. We are a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization, whose members are dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential or women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We are a group of approximately 150 active members, 350 Sustaining members, and 50-60 New Members.
Our commitment has remained unwavering: to develop exceptionally qualified civic leaders who can identify a community’s most urgent and pressing needs and address them with meaningful and relevant programs and initiatives that not only improve lives but change the way people think.
Benefits of Membership:
- Training for effective community leadership and personal development
- Insight into community needs and strategies for dealing with them
- Exposure to the administration of nonprofit agencies
- Opportunities for utilizing your skills and for developing new ones
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community through well-organized
- Access to new friends and new ideas
- Membership meetings with educational speakers (community leaders,
motivational speakers and others)
- Participation in exciting fundraisers and special events
Ability to transfer your membership to Leagues in other cities if you move