It starts with a woman — it starts with you.
Founded in 1923, the Junior League of Columbus is part of a network of 295 Junior Leagues across the globe. We are a learning organization dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Columbus!
The New Member experience allows new members to gain experiential experiences and training in eight key subjects for developing effective community service and leadership. Subject areas include; Branding/communications, DEIB training, Fundraising skills, Governance, Impacting the Community, League history, Member Development, and Organizational Management.
New Members will gain hands-on training through a placement, which is an assigned role/responsibility in the League, and will have the opportunity to participate in small group socials, community service projects, and attend League functions such as General Membership Meetings (GMMs).
Benefits of Membership:
- Training for effective community leadership and personal development
- Insight into community needs and strategies for supporting them
- Exposure to the operations of nonprofit agencies
- Opportunities for utilizing your skills and for developing new ones
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community through well-organized projects
- Membership meetings that advance the development of civic leadership skills
- Participation in exciting fundraisers
- Ability to transfer your membership to Leagues in other cities if you move
- Must be at least 22 years of age as of June 30 the year you join. There is no maximum age to join!
- Reside within the Central Ohio area
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service
- Show an interest in developing potential for voluntary community participation
Timeline for Joining
How to Join
New Members must complete 2 steps to join the Junior League of Columbus
Step1: Complete a registration form and commit to the New Member responsibilities
Step 2: Pay dues or make a payment towards dues*
* Dues are non-refundable
Stay Up to Date