Interested in Becoming a Member?
It starts with a woman — it starts with you.
Founded in 1923, the Junior League of Columbus is part of a network of 291 Junior Leagues across the globe. We are a learning organization dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Columbus!
Each year, we train a group of New Members to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community.
The yearlong New Member experience allows new members to gain hands-on training through a placement, which is an assigned role/responsibility in the League. New Members also have the opportunity to participate in small group socials, community service projects, and attending League functions such as General Membership Meetings (GMM). After the 1st year, New Members become Active Members of the Junior League of Columbus.
Benefits of Membership:
- Training for effective community leadership and personal development
- Insight into community needs and strategies for dealing with them
- Exposure to the administration of nonprofit agencies
- Opportunities for utilizing your skills and for developing new ones
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community through well-organized
- Access to new friends and new ideas
- Membership meetings with educational speakers (community leaders,
motivational speakers and others)
- Participation in exciting fundraisers and special events
Ability to transfer your membership to Leagues in other cities if you move
The Junior League of Columbus uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members:
- Must be at least 22 years of age as of June 30 the year you join. There is no maximum age to join!
- Reside within the Central Ohio area
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service
- Show an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation
- Sign a contract stating that she understands the New Member responsibilities
- Pay dues